Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Starting with NVR

Got a call from the Loan Officer to schedule my appointment to submit the application. That will happen this coming Thursday. As I highlighted in an earlier post, I did a short sale almost 3 years ago - I reach the 3 year mark in May. FHA guidelines state that I cannot get financing until after the 3 years are up, but I was told I could proceed with the buying process now.

The LO explained today that she would be submitting my application to an outside broker for an initial approval; I cannot go to 'in house' underwriting until after the 3 year mark, which should work out fine since I'm looking at an August settlement date. The LO stated that this initial approval would allow Ryan Homes to have the go ahead to start building my home.

Praying, praying, praying that this all works out well.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! That is good they will start the process now, especially because the final approval does not happen until it's almost time to close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! This NVR process worries me the most, but so many before me have survived it, so I guess I will to. :-)

      Delete