Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Shopping (and waiting....and waiting....and waiting.....)

Although waiting fits into my budget way more than shopping....shopping is just so much more fun!!  Mostly I'll be moving in with the furniture that I already own, but I really wanted to pick up a sectional sofa for the family room. So I figured I'd take advantage of the waiting, and utilize this wonderful thing called 'lay-a-way'. I've got plenty of time to get this sofa paid for before August (which seems an eternity away).

Here's the sofa I'm leaning towards - got a chance to try it out, and it's quite comfy.

Minus all the pretty stuff around it, of course. Even though....I'm wondering if I can manage to snag some tables......and an area rug.....Dear God, where does it end????

And of course there are the window coverings. I'm thinking of using Home Depot (or Lowes...I forget which) that has the service where they will come hang blinds for $118.00. As much as I admire all the DIY'ers out there, I'm well aware of my limitations. And tools is one of them. :)

As much as I'd love to have pretty curtains for ALL my windows, I know it can't and won't happen. Just. Not. Possible.  But, if I play my budget right, I may be able to squeeze in the family room, since I'm getting the new sectional and all, right?

Here's where I'm torn...blue or green???  I think I'm leaning towards blue.

11 comments:

  1. Love the sectional and love the blue curtains! I'm in the same boat as you, not knowing where it will all end with regards to what my house will need! I am actually thinking of doing roman shades or cornices in my downstairs to avoid having to do all curtains. Plus I like the idea of coming downstairs in the morning to a beautiful bright room versus dark and having to open all the curtains! Love your choices so far, it's going to look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about bright rooms....if I had my druthers, I would leave all the windows bare!!! I love natural light! But I'm thinking my neighbors won't appreciate this, since we're kinda too close for that much 'sharing'.

      Thanks for the vote of confidence. I pray it does look fantastic! I'm sure all your rooms will too.

      Delete
  2. love the sofa ! where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm purchasing the sofa from Regency Furniture, but it's made by Ashley. The style is Darcy, and it comes in 5 very pretty colors. And it's pretty reasonable with regards to price.

      Delete
  3. Very nice! I like the blue too. My husband wants another sectional but I want to do sofa love seat. we will see who wins :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice selections! The sectional can go with a few color schemes so you won't be pigeon-holed into a single set of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sectional! I'm leaning with you on the blue! Beautiful!

    Jen
    http://buildingourabode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Stacy, love the sectional. I have been laying away furniture too and our family room set is from Ashley's. Lowe's does the blind installation for $99 but only for 9 or 10 windows. My husband and I were just there last night checking out the details of their offer. With 30+ blinds to get done it would be well over $300 for us to have them do that type of install so we will be using our local handyman guy who will do it for $5 a window. Just a thought but you may want to solicit the help of a handyman to do that type of stuff and why not throw in ceiling fan installations too while you're at it. There seems like there is so much stuff that we will have to buy that we never gave much thought to before (condo living). The lawn and garden stuff alone is going to tax the budget but we are determined to pay cash for as much as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherita! I'm finding the Ashely line of furniture to be quite nice! I'm sure your family room will look great!!

    How do I get your handyman!! That is the question. Lol. I suck at finding men; handy or otherwise. But that's a whole 'notha blog altogether. I do have a friend that owns a moving company, so he's moving me. And he's 'throwing in' some extras - like washer/dryer hookup, tv mounting and ceiling fan installs. I may ask him about the blinds. So thanks for making me think of that.

    I know what you mean about lawn care stuff. I'll be buying all that as well. I literally asked my SR for the smallest lot available. I want to be able to handle the yard. Soooo much to look forward to, no?? :)

    ReplyDelete