Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Wood in the Hood

There's WOOD!
Today was the big delivery!!!  I made my way over to the house to see if the wood had actually arrived, and to my delight, it had!  Of course, as I sit here typing this....it's raining. Sigh. I know....it should all be ok. Plenty of my blogging e-family friends had wet wood, and it all worked out, right???? Rain always seems to arrive at the most inconvenient times. But no need to fret over things for which I have zero control....that's what I always say. :)

Also, the garage and basement floors have been poured. So there is more progress, and for this I am grateful.














10 comments:

  1. The garage and basement floors look great, Stacey! Do not fret too much about the water on the wood. It should dry very quickly if you are in the 90+ weather zone like us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like Christmas in May right! Our wood arrived this weekend and we had a little progress today too! And not to worry about the rain all of the wood they use is pressure treated so your good to go! Nice progress you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely lovely lovely sight/site STACEY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good good. No worries about the rain, the heat wave will dry everything out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get used to wet--your lovely new home will be wet for a while, until the roof is up and nice and tight! And even after that, too, because the windows will be left WIDE open at different points in the build. :) But all will be well! Congrats on getting the wood for your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone!! A little wet won't dampen my joy! I'm super excited to watch these walls come together. I'll be on major stalker mode this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait to see them start framing your home! hopefully the rain stays away until the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooohoooo!!! That's an awesome sight! Our wood was sitting in rain week after week!! No worries...

    Let the framing begin...... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. woo hoo!! looks awesome! I am jealous of how many people have basements, it was a huge upgrade in our area due to the soil!

    ReplyDelete