Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cue the Hold Music

For every person that signs on to take this journey, at some point, the order of the day is waiting. Waiting, waiting and more waiting. We wait for loan approvals, wait for building permits, wait for pre-construction meetings, wait to see how the floors look, wait to see how awesome the cabinets are, wait for the call to close, wait for a money tree harvest so we can decorate.......I say to those who have endured this process - Congrats! You are seasoned wait-ers. I long to be on your side.

When I sat down with my loan officer four weeks ago, I knew that I was in for my first stint of waiting. Waiting 101. My initial approval for my loan is coming from an outside broker instead of  "in house" NVR underwriting. At the time of my loan submission, my loan officer (whom I really, really like a lot!) says "oh, they usually get back to me in 2 or 3 days". Now I knew when she made this statement that it sounded impossible! An actual yay or nay in 2 or 3 days??? Sounded like a Guinness Book call would need to be placed. So I said in my mind....2 or 3 days = 2 or 3 weeks. That sounded more reasonable.

Well, now, at 4 weeks later, I've heard nada. I sent an email to my LO to see if she had any status update. She promptly emailed me back to say.....she's got nothing. I'm thinking....this is the longest 2 or 3 days EVER! Oh well. No news is better that a 'no', right? And what's the rush? We'll just be hurrying along to wait for something else.

Happy Building (and waiting) to All!!

4 comments:

  1. You said it. This waiting for everything is one of the worst parts of the process - it's so stressful. I hope you get word of your loan approval soon, that will be such a relief for you (it was for me).

    While everything you said is true, the thing I am waiting on that I would love to see most is the MONEY TREE! Are we sure they aren't grown somewhere??? My pretty new house is going to be quite empty for awhile. But that's ok - I've got the house. Furniture and decor will eventually happen.

    Here's to hoping time flies and we can stop this waiting. I have no wish to practice the virtue of patience! Not when it comes to this process anyway :) LoL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your approval soon. The waiting sucks but it will be worth it once they say APPROVED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, C and Pinkrage! Of course, I've read everyone's blog, so I KNEEEEEEWWWW the waiting was coming, but did that help? NO! Lol!

    At least I did hear today that I've been shipped off to underwriting. So one baby step forward. YaY!

    Sadly, I haven't located that elusive money tree. Therefore, the new digs will seem quite....spacious....at least for awhile. But we've got a lotta years to worry about that part. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in the same boat. We were qualified and we heard last week that our loan was in underwriting but we haven't received the official approval yet. The builder has started prepping our lot so I am assuming everything okay.

    http://thehomeprocess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete