Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I Opt for Options

Oey-vey. What a day!! I met with my SR yesterday (she's awesome!) to build the house out on paper and crunch the numbers. As indicated in my previous post, I wanted a LOT of stuff....so I took along the one person who is my voice of reason, and who can shut me down with just one look - my mother. LOL.  I know she only wants the best for me, and will tell me when I've 'gone too far'. Soooo, off we went. 


I know you all know how quickly these options can add up...no time at all, and you're like 'what in the world did I get!!!' By the way, I have this exact experience every time I go into Target - but I digress.  Like most folks, I had a range in mind of what I wanted to pay for the house, and where I'd like to end up for my monthly obligation. Here was my game plan - add all my wants in, see where it gets me, and then implement my back out plan (which I had written down) for things I could really live without. For all of you who have yet to reach this point, please note: THIS IS A BAD PLAN. lol.  No. Seriously. It's bad. Why? Because unless you are going to back out THOUSANDSSSSSS of dollars, you will see little to no difference in your payment, so you think...well, that only removed $5.00 - I may as well keep it. I dunno. Maybe it's just me. I am happy to say that with all these things, and the great incentives, I stayed within my range. I'm at the top of the range, but nonetheless, I made it. My goal is to pay cash at settlement for any upgrades in flooring and with Guardian.  Well, here's what I ended up with (as of now....these are subject to change decrease only!)


  • Elevation B - Brick Front
  • Garage Door Opener (I thought it was fairly priced, so I went for it)
  • Double Patio Door for basement (I've got a walk out lot)
  • 3 piece rough-in for basement
  • Finished rec room in basement (this was free!!)
  • 9' ceilings on the first floor
  • Side windows for study/living room (either or, in the Savoy)
  • 2' family room extension (I'm really debating this one, it may go)
  • Side windows in the family room
  • Morning Room (got this on an incentive as well!!)
  • Side windows for morning room
  • Kitchen gourmet island
  • Current promo includes SS appliances, granite counter tops and free hardwood floors for kitchen!!
  • 42'' Cherry Bordeaux Timberlake cabinets with crown molding
  • Recessed lighting in kitchen and rec room
  • Granite fireplace in family room + blower
  • Cabinet upgrades in master bath and guest bath
  • Upgraded owner's suite, which included soaking tub and separate shower
  • Ceiling fan rough ins for Master Bed, Daughter's Bed, Morning room, Study and Family room
  • Dedicated circuit in basement (adding a mini kitchenette later)
  • Extra windows in all bedrooms upstairs (these are free...apparently due to some county code, we have to have them. Thank you county...I love windows; however, I won't love covering all of them. lol)
Sorry these post have been so long. Hopefully I'll get to post fun pictures soon. :)


FYI - I have the 'master' upgrade sheet - of course it's for the Savoy and my area, but if anyone is interested in prices of anything, let me know. I'll gladly share. 

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great list and you have some wonderful incentives. Keep the 2' bump out in your family room, I wished I would have done this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, I concer, as Savoy owners we know, keep that bump out!

      Delete
  2. Stacey, I am going to price my Ryan Home tomorrow. Would you be willing to email me your master upgrade list? I would love to have an idea going into it even though I know it won't be identical. Thanks in advance. Kevin kcr1976@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where about are you planning to build? And which model?

      Delete
  3. Werid though, you put up a pick of mine Elevation E, but you are calling it a B? Maybe it's diff in diff counties? Hmm?

    I can't tell though, did you go with 3 or 4 bedrooms?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dw! You are correct, I am getting elevation B, but the pic is of elevation E. I just like the pic. :). Plus the elevation basically look the same. Just like the pic, I am getting a reverse floor plan.

    I picked the luxury owner's bed and bath, with the two huge closets. It'll have the four bedrooms and the tiny loft area.

    I hope all your issues are resolved soon. Especially the transom window!!! I must say though, your kitchen is amazing. And your decorating as well. I love looking at your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacey, I know this post is a few months old, but any chance you still have your master upgrade sheet? We are trying to gauge what things will cost us to upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott and Heather! Congrats on deciding to build a Ryan home! I do have the upgrade list, but unfortunately, not in soft copy...and it's like 40 pages plus. However, if you give me some idea of what your wondering about (like fireplace? granite? windows?), I can tell you what the prices are. Or at least what they were when I signed in my area. Are you in Maryland/DC/VA? Are you looking at a Savoy model?

      Delete
    2. We are actually in the Virginia Beach area, but are both originally from Annapolis. I'd love it if you could pass along the information about the granite, fireplace, gourmet island, and master suite upgrade. You can email me at heathershartman@gmail.com if you would rather communicate that way. Thank you so much!!

      Delete
    3. Hi! I am thinking to build a savoy model with Ryan home but wondering how much those upgrades cost. If you still have your master upgrade sheet will you please pass to shumislam@yahoo.com. Thank you.

      Delete