Saturday, February 23, 2013

YaY!!! Purchase Agreement Signed

Today was the day!! I met with my SR this morning and signed the very long purchase agreement. I'm so very happy and excited!! I'm planning for an August delivery; it works well since my current rental agreement is not over until December. And I'll get to be all settled in (prayerfully) before school starts.

I took the picture of my very awesome mound of dirt! Oh, and an aside, my neighbors on one side settled yesterday, and were moving in today. I'm hopeful that I'll meet them before I move in. It looked a little chaotic over there today, so I didn't try to intrude. And the neighbors behind me (I'm on a corner) just had their basement poured. Looks like I'll be the last one to the party.

 



Finalizing colors is such a hard thing to do!!  Here's what I've chosen....for now.

For the outside, it seems Ryan has some new brick colors - in the design center, they still had the old colors on the wall - the new colors were just leaning in the corner. This being the case, I didn't have to worry about what was chosen by the surrounding home owners. For the brick, I chose La Cava, which I absolutely LOVE!!!



This left me with 3 siding/shutter/door options. And on this note, shouldn't the shutters and the door match? I always thought that they would, however, none of them matched in the color combos I had to choose from. I think I would have liked brown shutters and a brown door....but alas, this was NOT one of my options. There was a brown shutter option, but I wasn't super fond of the siding. It looked too light. Ultimately, I decided on the black door and the wine color shutters. This went along with the Silver Mist siding.


Not sure how that's all gonna work out, but I think it'll be okay.


The kitchen wasn't a cake walk either. So much so that I had a minor lapse, and didn't take any pictures. LOL.  I selected the Tahoe Cherry Bordeaux, the St. Cecelia granite and the hardwood color is Saddle. I also have stainless steel appliances. Fortunately for me, there is another Ryan Home model not far from my home that has these colors in the kitchen, so I've had the chance to see how it will all look together. Didn't take a pic of that model either (doh!), but I did find a picture on the web that shows the combination here:



 For the hall bath (my daughter's bathroom) and the master bath, we chose the Espresso cabinets. And my daughter got to select her own ceramic! She LOOOOVVVVED that. This is what she selected:



So my baby girl got on a roll, and wanted to pick my bath ceramic too. She narrowed it down for me, and let me have the final say (thanks, baby girl!!) . My ceramic pick:



Today has been quite a whirlwind. I've got the wheel barrel full of documents to read. The HOA document is like 400 pages long!!!!
Next up....NVR. Off to start finding every document I've ever signed..............

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, you're really on your way to building now! You've made great selections.

    I don't know about you but I found it difficult to pick from just the small samples - especially the exterior.

    LOL about the NVR documents - that's true, you have to provide a lot. I'm following advice I received - keep everything you send NVR on hand, it's likely you will have to provide some things more than once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much C!! You know, I stalk (read: read) so many blogs...I sometime get confused, but I thought you mentioned being in Charles County - in Maryland?? If so, you're right down the road from me. I'm in Clinton. :-)

      Yes, the exterior pick was probably the hardest. I was pretty sure I loved the brick, and got home to see if I could find someone else who picked it, and a pic...I lucked up!! I forget which, but a blog I'm stalk...errr...reading has that same brick and I love it!!! BUT, a different siding. And at that, a siding that wasn't offered to me with that particular brick. Sigh. Just had to wing it, and pray it comes out alright.

      NVR....'nuff said. LOL

      I'm enjoying being able to see your progress! Hope you had a Happy Sunday!!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I'm in Waldorf (in the Brentwood community).

      That's great you got to see your brick. My choice (Boral - Berkshire) was new for Ryan and there weren't even any pictures online (Ryan Homes or otherwise). So I was REALLY nervous. Then another Ryan blogger who picked the same brick got theirs installed and I was finally able to see a picture of it installed. I haven't seen the La Cava and Silver Mist together but I've seen pictures separately and it looks like they will go together nicely. I've seen the Silver Mist in real life and it is a really nice color.

      I look forward to seeing your progress too!

      -Christina

      Delete
  2. Hi SDM!

    Check out the blog called "Savoy Ryan Home in Pittsburgh" regarding the La Cava brick and take note on what others had to say about the white build up. It would be awful for your brick to have similar problems. I think the brick is absolutely gorgeous but the reviews were not the greatest. At least you can go in knowing the risk should you keep the brick color.

    On a brighter note: Again, awesome seeing Maryland homeowners! We have a friend who just built a Richmond Home in Waldorf near Sheffield Greens and Gleneagle--gorgeous homes off Billingsley. We went to visit last weekend. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadase! Yes, I've looked closely at that blog, as well as the other that is for the Savoy. I can't stop reading. I'm sooooo addicted to blogs right now.

      Having said that...I've seen the La Cava, and the white build up issue. I'm hoping to speak with the PM about that (whenever I get to that stage) and pray for the best. I really love the color. But as you said, I know the risk going in, and for that alone, I am grateful.

      Delete
  3. I am redoing my kitchen, and love your floors, can you tell me what brand of stain you used?? And am I right that you chose the color Saddle??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nurseie!! They are Bruce hardwood floors, and the color is Saddle - you are correct. I absolutely LOVE them. It's a beautiful color. :)) Good luck with your kitchen remodel!

    ReplyDelete