Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Little Progress

The weekend brings a little more progress. The forms have been removed and viola....I have a basement.  I inquired about getting brick to grade, but they don't do that in my neighborhood. I really like that look. Instead, I have brick-looking cement. I guess I'll take it. ;)

I know everyone has said this....I've read it on quite a few blogs - but I tell ya - the house looks small. SUPER small! Not worried though. I'm sure it will be all good in the end.  Some pics from today below.












9 comments:

  1. Nice foundation! I'm sure it will look a lot bigger once a frame is sitting on top of those walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress. it will be fine once frame and sheetrock in place. A lot more progress next week. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Have a wonderful Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really good and certainly not small but as soon as the walls start going up its going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always looks small in the foundation stage, but it will be so huge soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will look super small until the framing starts, and then you can start to see the space you will have. The garage, however, remains another story. :) I'm still not convinced we can actually fit two cars in there, but I am assured we will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Yes, I think most of us looked at the basement and thought it was really small. I had almost convinced myself that they didn't pour mine correctly :)

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, our foundation also look small as well. Can't wait for the framing to go up. Hoping for no rains for the next couple of weeks :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. our foundation looked real small too. your house will be standing before you know it and it will look much bigger :)

    ReplyDelete