Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Men at Work

Framing week has come, and my stalking is in overdrive. I plan to try and make it to the house every day...I don't want to miss a thing. I mean, when am I going to have another home of my very own framed?

<Dear Lord>
When I meet you face to face, please have my final abode framed, dry walled and decorated. Asking as humbly as I know how...your child, Me.
</Amen>

So yeah, this is the LAST time I plan to see any home of mine being framed; therefore I'm going to see all I can see.

I arrived about 5pm today, and let me tell you...for all those who told me not to worry about wet wood....you were right! There is nothing wet in the DMV today, as we are in the midst of a scorcher. So imagine my surprise when I showed up at 5pm and the men were hard at work! Say WHAT! I looked at the temperature reading on my little car gadget, and it said it was 90 degrees.  I suppose writing code in my air-conditioned cubicle in jeans and flip flops has gotten me a bit spoiled. How can anyone even concentrate in this kind of heat?

I took a few quick pics from a distance, as to not get in the way of progress. And then I helped the only way I knew how....by running up to 7 11 and getting some bottles of cold Gatorade. I dropped the bottles off, and the guys were VERY appreciative. I let them know that I thank God for them, and that I am truly grateful for their labor.  And then, I was off. But never fear, I plan on going back tomorrow. I hope they realize I'm a stalker. :-)









4 comments:

  1. OK Im stealing that prayer from u and Im saying it tonight LOL hey it your pictures and mine look like we are almost in the same stage of framing! Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey building twin!!! Yes we're enjoying the same stage. I pray we both continue with smooth sailing. It's exciting to watch!! :)

      Delete
  2. Isn't that an awesome sight... These guys are really great...so quick. I know they do this every day, but STILL!!
    That's very nice of you to get them cold beverage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress. Be a stalker, camp out if you want it...it is an exciting process. Keep em pics coming and the Gatorade....lol

    ReplyDelete