Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Pleasant Surprise

In my last post, I said I wasn't going back to the lot until the weekend....I looked at the weather forecast, and it was quite bleak for the rest of the week. A forecast of rain, rain and MORE rain. So I figured I would save myself the disappointment of making the trip, only to see a big muddy pit.

But today, I had this feeling. Something just told me that I should swing by, just to make sure I wasn't missing any action. Especially since we have had some rain, but the days have not been complete wash outs. So I pulled up to my lot and was pleasantly surprised to see...........

(and thank you blog fam, for telling me to throw that extra pair of 'lot' shoes in the car....they came in handy today!)

And another bonus....I met more neighbors. I think it's pretty cool that the homes around me (except one) are all occupied by folks who are already moved in. My neighbors next door in the Ravenna went to closing on the same day I signed my purchase agreement in February, and I met another wonderful family that settled in December.

Only you guys can understand how majorly excited I really am!!! It started raining on my visit, so I didn't get as many snaps as I would have liked. But there's always the weekend. :-)



12 comments:

  1. That's an awesome surprise! Pretty soon those will be taken off and you'll have a basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty awesome! I've got to keep on top of my stalking...don't want to miss anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I am especially jealous we have had NO progress whatsoever all they did was clear the trees off of our lot we wont see anything close to this until mid next week! Im glad your on schedule youll be seeing walls before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadine!! I just knew the rain would make this a non-productive week. I guess not. Tell your builders to get this chateau on the road and make it happen! I can't wait to see your foundation, it will probably be huge!!!

      Delete
  4. WOW! That is great you will have a frame in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! It is really real now :) Good idea with the "lot" shoes, gonna have to throw some in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really exciting. keep stalking girl. Also, check out my blog....not even sure I did it right...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooooo Nikki!!!! A blog! I'm so glad! Now....where are you? Where are you? Lol. I'm gonna try to find it, but if you see this, can you send the address?? That's sooooo exciting. :)

      Delete
  7. Yay, Stacey!!!!!!!!!! This is so great! Let walls rise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay !! it will be standing before you know it !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool!! So exciting!
    And thanks for mentioning the 'lot' shoes, I got to have those in my car. I think of them only when I get there...

    ReplyDelete