Thursday, May 30, 2013

First Floor, Anyone?

My visit today was later in the evening, and there were no workers around. I was able to get a little closer to inspect all the happenings. First floor is framed and it looks great! I didn't actually walk on it, since I was unsure of how structurally sound it was, and I had my baby girl with me. But we looked in all the windows, and oooooo'd and ahhhhhh'd accordingly.

Pic in random blogger order :)

Front of the house

Standing where the entry door is from the garage - looking through the kitchen and towards the morning room. My only pet peeve about the Savoy - NO mud room! 

Fireplace going on the back wall of the house

Right side of the house - first window is the Study, last two windows are in the Family Room

Left side of the house - entry door into the kitchen from the garage, and back windows are the Morning Room

Morning room.....getting evening sun!

Back of the house

Basement 



10 comments:

  1. It looks great, Stacey! I cannot wait to see it. I love when the house is at this point. You really start to imagine how it will look and what the rooms will be like. I am not sure that we actually stepped foot in the house until after the roof was on. So, I am with you. Our PM always says "Just don't get hurt." That is pretty good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!!! They sure move fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you have walls we are hoping to see some sort of wall tomorrow maybe ours goes so much slower than everyone elses! Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! You should have some lovely light in your house, given how it's situated on your lot. Looking forward to seeing your second floor soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!! I hope I do get lots of natrual light...the sun makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Stacey....we are at the same time frame as you are!! It feels great...right?!

    It's looking great!! I'm pretty sure you can walk on it. we did, its fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi S&P...loved your post! And YES, it's a great feeling. I definately understand what you were saying about feeling small. I felt the same way.

      Not sure...do you guys have a basement? I could the hole in the first floor that would lead downstairs, so with a hole clearly in the floor, I decided against walking on the first floor. We did go into the basement though! :)

      Are you ready for your second floor??? I'm waiting for your post! LoL!

      Delete
  7. It is going so fast. Soon it will look like your home and you can mentally move into in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your foundation even on the outside! It looks like gray brick and it looks really nice compared to what I'm used to seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I am keeping an eye on you since we have the same home, looking good, it'll be a house in no time :)

    ReplyDelete