Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Electrical, Guardian, and the Hot Water Heater?

Took a journey over to the new digs, and see more progress has been made. Looks like the electricians have put in a good amount of work; all the lights and switches are done. Also, I see that Guardian has been in, and completed their work. I didn't really get much from Guardian - just some cable outlets and a flat panel pre-wire. All looking good. It just seems to me that a pre-drywall meeting should be scheduled, but maybe it's just my lack of patience. I *could* reach out to my PM, but I'm trying to just enjoy the process and let things occur as they should.

I have two concerns, both probably minor. First is my missing window. There is an extra window in the garage, and I'm sure they'll get to it, but I'm antsy about it, and want it done!  The second is the placement of the hot water heater. It appears to be toooooo close to where the washer and dryer have to go....what do you guys think?

Is there really enough space for my washer and dryer??

I have a fairly large washer and dryer, and I don't want the space to be tight. I wanted to pop into the model to see how it looked (I'm fortunate to be building the model!), but they'd already closed shop for the evening. I'll surly be back over there tomorrow to check that out and maybe take a pic for comparison purposes.


A few other pics....things are coming along and I'm overall a very happy camper.

All bricked up!
Kitchen wall for stove and microwave
Guardian
Kitchen Lights!!


13 comments:

  1. Love the brick wow what a pretty color choice! I think the washer and dryer should fit just fine definitely check the model home but it looks like it should be a perfect fit. Definitely check on the missing window Im sure they didn't forget it but if they did now is the time to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks twin!! Man the chateau is DOIN IT!!! Looking awesome.
      Yeah I'll check the model home. Good reason for another visit. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks great! You have to be up for a pre-drywall meeting, any day! Guardian just finished at my house and my pre-drywall is tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your meeting today! Will be checking your blog to see how it went. :)

      Delete
  3. looks great! maybe you can take a tape measure with you along with your w/d depth to see how much clearance you'll have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plan! I'll do a follow up to share whatever I discover.

      Delete
  4. Whoa! The brick is beautiful!!!!! OMG! You are going to be enjoying that beautiful house in no time! My vote is to address both issues with he PM. That's what they are there for right? Then again, I'm pretty antsy myself. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the brick compliment! I really like the way it turned out. :)

      You are right....that is why they are there. And my PM did give me his cell, so maybe I'll call him.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! I agree that your pm can help you with your washer/dryer issue but they did design the space for them so I'm sure you are fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Your comment made me LOL, becuase this is basically what my best friend said..."yeah, they build houses for a living....your just a measly programmer". :)

      Delete
  6. Wow your house is coming along so quickly!!! I feel like we were at the same stage during framing, but now we are so far behind you! They haven't started our electrical or our exterior - boo!!
    The brick does look ammmazing though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice brick choice Stacey! They are moving so fast on your house...its amazing! You left me behind too....our exterior did not start the last time I checked. Its been a couple of days....I stopped going as I was a lil disappointed with the issues. But your pictures are motivating me to go back!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so great and soooo big, Stacey! Congratulations! I am sure your pre-drywall meeting should be occurring at any moment.

    ReplyDelete