Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pre Dry Wall + Rate Lock

Just back from my pre-dry wall meeting, and overall, I guess it was a good meeting. Shout out to my good freind Joon Lee for accompanying me!!

Since I've been going to the house pretty regularly, there weren't really any surprises.....EXCEPT....my missing window is STILL MISSING. And what's really most lame is that the PM didn't know a window was supposed to go there. Yet, this is what the house looked like for the loooongest time:

Sorry for poor quality - but this is the spot of the missing window!

When I initially noticed this, I checked with my SR (and not the PM), mainly because I wanted to confirm that I was actually supposed to get the window. SR confirmed that I was. She stated that the window does not come cut from the factory and is cut on site. She went on to say that they get this question about the missing window all the time. So if my SR is aware of this, what would make me think that my PM is not??? His exact words today were "Nobody told me!!!". Oh, and he threw in a chastisement of *me* for not calling him. I stressed that the window is important to me, and asked him if it was going to get done. He says that since they are supposed to start dry wall tomorrow, it will be "a  scramble". Oh well. Scramble on, I say. I want my window. My SR was not in today, so I didn't get to speak with her, but I plan to.

My other point of not being happy involved the location of the washer/dryer hookup. As much as my PM swears its according to the blueprint, it's not. He did say that since the hook up is located in an unfinished portion of the basement, it would not be hard to move it over. Yeah, it needs to be moved over.

In other news....I did lock my rate today with NVR. I quickly looked around at outside lenders and made a few calls and inquires. But when I consider the fact that rates aren't that much better elsewhere, and the incentives I did get for going with NVR, and the fact that I have little time to manage starting the loan process all over again....I just decided to go with NVR. And I gave myself this perspective - even with the higher interest rate, my principal and interest payment is LESS that what I'm currently paying in rent. Maybe this just means that my rent is outrageous. :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh yes, fight for that window! That's important! Glad they can move the washer and dryer hook-up. Hope these are the only bumps along the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm gonna fight! LoL. I guess if these are the only bumps, I should be grateful. I try not to be *that* customer, but I surely know how to if needed. Know what I mean?

      Delete
  2. That is so frustrating about the window! Do you have your PM's email? I send mine emails anytime something is off and I don't even deal with the SR anymore. Congrats on locking! Now you can sit back and relax. I've done the loan thing 3 times now but am locked in and not switching again...so I completely understand not wanting to start all over. It's a PAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've emailed my PM once...I think he just works better with calls. And you're probably right - from now on, I'll call him directly. And yes, I'm very frustrated. I'm so tempted to drive back down there this evening and see if someone's starting cutting!! :)

      I'm just juggling so many balls right now...starting the loan thing over again makes me shiver. Kudos to you for being so diligent - like three times!!! Part of me just wanted it over and done.

      Delete
  3. Get your window girl Im sure they will make it right if not ask for a credit at the end! Congrats on the rate lock that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadine!! Since a window is not something I can easily just fix later - the MUST put it there. If not, I'll be in this house 30 years from now pissed about my missing window. I know me. I'm a grudge holder. LOL.

      Delete
  4. Hey Stacey! The positive side is you know the issues and you got it to them in time! I agree it should have been the other way around, you should not be catching these things!

    They will need to fix anything that's different than the blueprint! We ran into things like this too, but thankfully our PM was not surprised! One of our windows was missing too and they had put it in later...But they are accountable to the blueprint.
    But make sure you stay on top of communication with your PM and SR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so tired of hearing these stories. If you paid for it then they NEED to make it happen. If they forget something it is not your problem. As I keep telling people call their manager if they don't fix it and tell them this is not optional. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about all the trouble you were having! It seems like they fixed the window problem, that's great! And trust me, you are lucky to be able to lock in rates now! We are far from being able to do that and pray that the rates won't continue to rise. Funny comment about the outrageous rent. :) Getting a brand new house for less per month than you are currently playing??? Wow, nice!!!

    ReplyDelete