Saturday, June 8, 2013

On The Inside

I really had not planned to visit the house for a few days...it rained SOOO much here on Friday that I just knew the entire structure would be swimming in water. And I also knew that this would stress me out to no end. So my solution - just don't go until it's a bit 'less wet' and see where we stand. Weeelllllll, that didn't work. LOL.  Despite a rainy forecast for today, it turned out to be quite lovely this afternoon. And really.....we were in the neighborhood. So that led to a visit. And being extra careful, the decision was made to venture inside. All I can say is....what an amazing feeling!!! Today was the first time we actually walked through the house. Me and baby girl, hand in hand, crossed the threshold together. So very awesome. Just makes me that much more ready to move.

Here are a few pics....and I use the word 'few' lightly, because, well, it'a a LOT of pics. But considering I probably took 100, these are just a few. :)  And there was some water, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.


Dining Room


From dining room, the front door and step to upstairs
Study
Powder Room

Family Room
Kitchen

Morning Room

Basement

Basement - under the Morning Room


Upstairs Loft area

Baby Girl's room
Baby Girl in her closet

Master Bed
The Water Closet


Master Tub


13 comments:

  1. Must be awesome to finally walk through it. Hope to
    Days just as nice as yesterday so your wood can dry out more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes J and M...so awesome! Hopefully your turn is coming soon. And YES, please send 'dry' vibes this way. I going, It's APRIL showers, people, APRIL!! Can June please act like June!!

      Delete
  2. Look at the pretty little girl what a little sweet heart she reminds me of my 8 year old....ok so lets just keep it 100 you have stairs and windows already OK you go girl and a roof line up your workers said forget the DMV weather were still working and they did! So nice the rooms are really big I see many cookouts at your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! My baby girl is 7, so yes, probably much like your 8 year old diva. :) I'm looking forward to cookouts!!! Just need somebody to cook. LOL. I'm MUCH better at eating. And as my fraternal twin, I know the Chateau is right behind me.

      Delete
  3. I love the placement of the windows : love the windows meeting in the corner in the master, love window in water closet, love love all the windows in the morning room and love the window over the tub!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadase! Can you tell I like windows??? Not much for figuring out window treatments, but YES, give me WINDOWS!!!!

      Delete
  4. Looking great ! Love all the natural light. Your daughter is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! My daughter may be the only person more excited about moving than me. :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Stacey!!! It looks so great.... and your daughter is so adorable. I know about the stress you mentioned, I was trying to keep away from the house too while it was raining, and of course it doesn't work!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see (well not really GLAD to see) that you have water in yours like I have in mine right now. I guess they know when it's dry enough to start up again?? There was a ton of standing water in mine :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great!! I'm so jealous of all of your windows!!!
    Our house was just about flooded on Thursday and was all dried out yesterday! Of course it is raining again today! I agree June act like June!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great already! I know that you are super excited.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww! How exciting! Morning room, study, loft... that sounds like a great floor plan! I have never toured the model but I wish I had! And they are making a lot of progress... Looking good!

    ReplyDelete